New Year's Resolutions for Your Mobile Home
Having a fresh start for the New Year always feels good and exciting. Typically, people write down New Year's resolutions that relate to healthy eating, budgeting or volunteering, but what about improving the place you call Home? It's easy to forget the simple Home improvement projects that you may have been putting off for a few months. When you write down your New Year's resolutions, consider adding these to your list:
- Refresh your paint. If you're tired of seeing the same old color every day, or you need to touch up your walls, this will make your Home feel newer and look cleaner.
- Deep clean your dishwasher. Get a cup of white household vinegar, put it in your dishwasher (when it's empty) and run it for a full cycle. This will get rid of any hard lime buildup and improve the functionality of your dishwasher.
- De-clutter your Home. With Mobile Homes, you may have smaller space to work with so you need to get creative when organizing your belongings. Remember, less is more.
- Improve your landscaping. Add some bushes or flowers in the front of your Home to make it look more appealing and welcoming. You can plant in the ground or use containers.
- Seal a drafty window. If you're tired of feeling that drafty, cold air when you're next to your window, now is the time to fix it. Luckily, this is a project you can take on yourself just by replacing the weather stripping.
- Make your Mobile Home more energy efficient. This can be as simple as changing your light bulbs to energy efficient bulbs. If you want to make a bigger impact – add Mobile Home roof insulation that could save you up to 15% in heating costs.
- Join your neighborhood watch. While not a Home improvement project, you can help increase the safety of your Home and community.
- Put together a Home emergency preparedness kit. This can be a fun project you can do with friends or family. Have them look around the Home for all necessary items such as flashlights, batteries, toilet paper and a first aid kit. This is also a good time to put together a solid plan and make sure everyone knows what to do in case there is an emergency.
- Install tie downs and anchors for your Mobile Home. When strong winds are blowing, Mobile Homes need special protection to ensure they stay in place. No matter where you live, installing tie downs and anchors is necessary! Before you begin the process, consult with a professional installer or building inspector if you have any questions.
- Inspect your Home regularly in case severe weather strikes. Knowing your Mobile Home is in tip-top shape will make you feel confident that you may avoid any leaks or water damage in the future. Check your roof for punctures and cracks, and repair any loose or missing shingles. Next, examine your exterior siding to repair damages and replace any missing fasteners or screws. Then, look under your Home for any sagging, tears or water spots. These issues can be signs of damaged insulation that may cause water lines to freeze.
We hope these Mobile Home tips will help you start the New Year off right!
View more great articles from our Learning Center
The information contained in this page is provided for general informational purposes only. The information is provided by Foremost® and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the articles or the information, products, services or related graphics, if any, contained in the articles for any purpose. The information is not meant as professional or expert advice, and any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.